A vibrant, new downtown core. Unique visitor experiences. A great range of accommodations to meet every budget and need, from business travel to romantic getaways and family-friendly retreats. These are some of the reasons Vaughan has become a year-round, must-see part of any trip to Southern Ontario. Located north of Toronto, knowledge seekers and upcoming explorers are coming to enjoy Canada’s Wonderland, Vaughan Mills, the McMichael Canadian Art Collection, LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Toronto and more!
Vaughan has so many amazing experiences, but which one is your favourite? We want to hear from you! Share a photo of your favourite spot in Vaughan – the place you want to visit most when you can safely travel again. Tell us why it’s so great with #favspotvaughan for a chance to win one of 10 Vaughan Travel Prize Packs.
How do you enter?
1) Follow @VisitVaughan on Instagram
2) Share a photo of and/or tell us about your favourite spot in Vaughan, for one of these six categories: attractions, food & beverage, accommodations, museums and galleries, gardens, parks and trails or theatres, entertainment and events; and
3) Tag #FavSpotVaughan – Multiple entries are allowed so be sure to share them all! Contest ends March 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. See @VisitVaughan for more details.
Explore Vaughan’s Attractions
Kortright Centre for Conservation
Enjoy Family Nature Fun at Kortright Centre for Conservation.
Situated 10 minutes north of Toronto, on 325 hectares of pristine woodlands, Kortright Centre combines a natural oasis with some of the most leading edge sustainable education programs in Canada.
The centre hosts 135,000 visitors annually and offers:
- Nature Trails – through mature forests, a wetland, and fields
- Weekend Nature Activities and Events – including its annual Maple Syrup Festival
- Educational Programs: more than 50 environmental education programs for schools, as well as a selection of 30 different sustainable technology workshops for the public, trades and professionals
Discover what it’s like to get lost among millions of LEGO® bricks at LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre in Vaughan Mills. Imaginations can run rampant with the colourful building blocks and endless possibilities for the creative mind. Not only can you build your wildest dreams, a tour of the LEGO factory shows just how the bricks are made – and you can even make your very own LEGO brick to take home
Last Straw Distillery
An award-winning micro-distillery in Vaughan, Ontario, proudly hand-crafting high quality spirits. Last Straw was founded to make whisky, and also makes gin, blackstrap spirit, and aged moonshine.
The distillery is located near Highway 7 & Jane, conveniently close to Highway 400. It offers tours, tastings, and retail store for spirits and merchandise. Group events, including distilling workshops are available, and the facility can be rented as an event space.
Canada’s Wonderland 40th Anniversary Trivia Nights
Canada’s Wonderland turns 40 this year! While we’re all at home this winter, we thought we’d have a little virtual fun to celebrate. We’re inviting you to join us via Zoom for an amazing night of trivia each week. Question themes will take inspiration from the last four decades of park history, general pop culture, music and more!
Play at home with your family or connect virtually with your friends for some friendly competition. Or put your heads together and play as a team! We’ll have giveaways and a chance to win prizes for top scores!
Join us every Thursday from Feb. 25 to April 15, 2021 from 8-9pm.
Register to play each week by noon on game day.
Virtual Cooking Class – Barcelona – Tapas with Friends
Feel like you’re in Barcelona by creating some classic tapas dishes!
- Spanish Cheese and Meat Board
- Tapas Salad with Grilled Bell Peppers, Olives & Capers
- Berenjenas Parrillas (Grilled Eggplant with Melted Manchego, Capers & Saffron Honey)
- Gambas Al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
- Spanish Rice with Tomatoes, Garlic & Chorizo Sausage
- Catalan Cream
Event: Saturday, March 27th, 2021 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Class begins at 6 p.m. (EST) and is about 3 hours. The evening consists of a full meal, prepared by you in your own home under the guidance of our chef, via Zoom!
Walk through Vaughan’s Virtual Gallery
Art appreciation is completely subjective. I invite you as viewers to make your own personal connections with our digitized art collections by experiencing work that resonates with meaning for you.
Click here to visit the art gallery!
McMichael Makers’ Market Auction
The McMichael Makers’ Market is an online auction featuring Indigenous and Canadian artisans, designers and makers with proceeds going to support the art of Canada. Artisans will earn 50% of each sale while the remainder will go towards supporting the Gallery. Carefully curated, the auction showcases artisans’ talent from all over Canada and includes unique items handcrafted from antler, ceramic, glass, leather, metal, wood, paper, textiles, and more.
This event runs until March 12, 2021. Click here to bid on some new items!